IELTS – Writing Subjects
Khi học tại Thầy Anh ielts, thầy sẽ hướng dẫn cách làm bài viết task 2 cũng như gợi ý cho các bài bên dưới.
- In many countries where capital punishment has been abolished there has been a corresponding rise in violent crime rates. For this reason, many governments are considering its reintroduction as a form of deterrent. Should Capital Punishment be re-introduced? Discuss.
- Television is a very powerful medium of influence over large populations. There are many positive aspects to television. For example, it is an educational tool. However many people feel that it is doing irreparable harm. Present argumentation to highlight your opinion on this matter.
- Outdoor recreation such as mountain climbing, camping and hiking bring us closer to nature and are ideal activities to encourage family bonding. Discuss.
- The younger generation is up-to-date with new techniques and advances in Science. They are often better able to make important decisions than their parents are. Discuss.
- Over the past twenty to thirty years there has been a noticeable trend away from many forms of discipline within the family. A recent survey highlighted the fact that most people feel that parents are too permissive with their children. Discuss.
- As a result of countries becoming more and more industrialized, pollution has become a serious problem. Discuss some ways that this children. Discuss.
- Overpopulation if unchecked will bring about the destruction of this planet. Discuss ways of controlling this problem.
- Many are of the opinion that the Internet is inundating our children with dangerous information. There is however no doubt that the Internet represents great advances in communication and the dissemination of information. Discuss the pros and cons of the Internet.
- Salaries paid to employees are an accurate reflection of their value to society. Discuss. In approaching this task, consider in particular salaries paid to nurses, doctors, sports-persons, movie stars, teachers and farmers.
10.Although there is no longer an immediate threat of nuclear war, peace seems as elusive as ever. In order to address this problem, the United Nations should be given a stronger role in global affairs in order to bring about world peace.
11.Good health is a basic human right, however in a growing number of countries today, access to health care depends on socio-economic status. This is discriminatory and should not be the basis for access to good health care. Discuss.
12.Spending money on scientific research should only be approved when there are economic benefits resulting from the research. Discuss.
13.Women have been disadvantaged in the workplace for decades and so they should now receive special assistance in the form of education and incentives, etc. Discuss.
14.’Going on strike’ is commonly used as a catalyst to resolve industrial disputes. Many conservative governments are strongly opposed to this mechanism for bringing about change. Discuss the pros and cons of this action in resolving disputes.
15.Since World War II there has been an increase in cooperation between many Eastern and Western countries. This has led to a desire amongst students to undertake study in foreign countries. Write a brief account of the advantages and disadvantages of studying abroad.
16.Since reading is important for a good education we should encourage our children to read extensively. However as there is an abundance of undesirable reading matter, there should be heavy censorship to restrict access to it. Discuss.
17.Since private enterprise benefits from a country’s resources (both natural and human) it should be made accountable for maintenance of environmental and social infrastructures.
18.Pollution is a very serious problem today. What level of pollution should we tolerate? Discuss examples of the different types of pollution.
19.What are the effects of global warming? Suggest some recommendations to minimize these effects.
20.Smoking has long been known to cause health problems for smokers, however the effect of passive smoking is becoming an important health issue. Discuss the dangers of smoking to smokers and non-smokers.
21.¡Passive smoking kills. The most vulnerable section of the population are both the unborn and the very young children as their lungs are still developing. For this reason, smoking in public places should be prohibited. Discuss.
22.The level of serious crime is escalating alarmingly. Give some suggestions to control this trend.
23.Most psychologists today believe that a strong sense of parental discipline is necessary to bring up socially well adjusted and self-confident children. Discuss.
24.Although many benefits may result from space exploration, the costs involved are enormous. There is some debate as to whether this money could be more wisely spent to provide for the basic needs of mankind such as food, clean water, contraception etc. For this reason space exploration should be restricted. Discuss.
25.How can we address the problem of the increasing illiteracy trend in many highly developed countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom?
26.How can the ever-increasing gap between rich and poor be narrowed?
27.In countries like Japan stress is becoming a major problem. Suggest some ways to control this trend.
28.Rainforests are a valuable resource and as such we should phase out indiscriminate logging. Discuss.
29.What are the pros and cons of co-educational schooling.
30.Single sex education is better than co-educational schooling. Discuss.
31.Compare the benefits of a vegetarian diet over a conventional Western diet.
32.Forests are the lungs of the earth. Their destruction will accelerate extinction of animals and ultimately mankind. For this reason, logging in the world’s rainforests should be phased out over the next decade. Discuss.
33.Aquariums and wildlife sanctuaries are seen as sources of education and entertainment for families. They are also essential to conduct life-saving research. However there is opposition to confining animals in this way. Discuss some of the arguments for and against the maintenance of zoos.
34.Although education in many developing countries is not compulsory, an effort should be made to ensure that all children between the age of 5 and 15 years attend some form of schooling. Discuss.
35.Tourism is seen as a major industry for many countries. However it tends to have a deleterious effect on the environment and should be strictly monitored. Discuss.
36.Tourism is becoming a good source of revenue to many countries. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of exploiting this resource.
- Technology is making it possible to stay at home and work. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this.
38.Learning would be improved through the extensive use of computers in the classroom. This is would reduce the number of teachers required which would be an advantage. Discuss.
39.Society is experiencing an increase in many problems such as crime and drug abuse due to urbanization. Give some suggestions to control this trend.
40.Discuss the possible causes for the worldwide increase in crime and violence. What has been the effect of these adverse trends on society?