1. Do you usually stay up late?
Yes, I am. I think I’m a night owl and staying up late has become one of my habits. In fact, I’m more productive and creative when I study or work in the evening or even at night. I guess this is the case since I can take advantage of the quietness and peacefulness of the night to get things done.
2. When was the last time you stayed up late? Why?
As I have mentioned, going to sleep late is one of my habits so I do it almost everyday. So the last time I stayed up late was yesterday to revise and prepare for the exam.
3. Did you like staying up late when you were a child? Oh yes, it used to be my dream when I was young but my parents didn’t allow me to do that. They are pretty strict and want me to stick to a healthy sleeping habit.
Which -> giải thích rõ hơn cho mệnh đề trước đó
Violence games pose a threat to antisocial behaviours, which will increase crime rates
(which thay cho cả ý trước đó)
Note ( Nếu không dùng which -> this) : 2 câu
Violence games pose a threat to antisocial behaviours. This will increase crime rates
Resulting in=leading to (+ cụm từ) -> Kết quả của sự việc
More and more vehicles are on the roads, resulting in increasing traffic jams and accidents
Making it +(tính từ hoặc cụm từ) -> Bình luận
The population reached 100 million in 2022, making it the highest over 10 years.
For example -> Đưa ra ví dụ
Nowadays, young people do not tend to live with their old parents all over the world. For example, In the USA, according to a recent survey, 90% of youngsters want to live on their own.
The Two pie charts compare how Science students chose majors in 2015 and 2016.
Overall, It can be seen that the major subjects which were chosen by most students in 2015, 2016 were Physics, Chemistry respectively.
Regarding 2015, the percentage of students choosing Physics was the highest, which accounted for 35%. Next, chemistry has a bit lower percentage(30%) compared to Physics. Botany accounted for 25% which was 5% lower than chemistry. Interestingly, the proportion of students studying biology was the lowest, accounting for 10%.
In terms of 2016, Chemistry saw a dramatic increase in 2016, and it also accounted for the largest percentage 40%. Next, there was a rapid decrease in physics, from 35% in 2015 to 25% in 2016. And then, The percentage of students studying biology saw a significant rise to 15%. Botany was the less popular chosen subject which decreased strongly from 25% in 2015 to 10% in 2016.
Describe a place where you go shopping for clothes
You should say:
- Where you usually go
- how often you shop for clothes
- how you choose your clothes
- and explain why you go there
Shopping is my hobby. so I often spend my free time doing shopping. I used to buy clothes from various stores, from small ones to shopping malls. But now I am really interested in buying clothes from a store called “ABC” that is about 1 km away from my home.
Since I Knew this store, I often go there twice or three times a month to get my beautiful clothes. You know, I think this store quite satisfies my need because it provides a wide range of clothes, materials, sizes so I can choose outfits that suit me well.
To get suitable clothes, I will choose style first. I am a young person so dynamic clothes will fit me best. Next, I pay attention to material. I love leather most because it makes me more masculine.
Besides, Prices at the store are affordable, only 20-30 dollars. Shop assistants here are very friendly and hospitable. They always help me find the clothes that I very love. I also like the guarantee program of the shop. After bringing clothes home, If I do not like them anymore, in ten days I can bring them back to the store and get full 100% cashback. I think this store is my best choice when buying clothes in my city (Thay Anh IELTS)
Air pollution is due to various causes, such as burning fossil fuels and emission of hazardous pollutants released by factories and automobiles, e.g Carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide.
- Air pollution causes many health problems, such as respiratory diseases, eye irritation, and premature newborn babies.
- Air pollution can destroy the ozone layer that protects us from the harmful rays of the sun and consequently, air pollution contributes to global warming.
- Air pollution damages natural resources and leads to ecosystem degradation and poor air quality.
- Air pollution can be reduced by implementing energy efficiency programmes, introducing vehicle emission standard, expanding car replacement programmes
- Extending environmentally-friendly means of transport, expanding transport facilities: park-and-ride-terminal, providing carpool facilities
- Regular check-ups for cars should be obligatory
- Using more efficient engines and modern exhaust-filtering devices
- Using cleaner fuels
- Developing tree planting programmes
Why is air pollution a global health concern?
Because air pollution creates many health problems that would reduce people’s life quality all over the world. Furthermore, air pollution contributes to the damage of the Ozone layer without which we cannot survive. Last but not least, it also destroys the habitat of wild animals, affecting negatively to ecology system.
2. Do you think anti-pollution measures should be a high priority?
Yes absolutely, because air pollution is global health concern. I think people all over the world and their governments should prioritize the programmes for acting against air pollution. All nations need hand in hand to build a world without air pollution.
3. What can large cities do to improve their air quality?
Firstly, They need to carry out energy efficiency programmes, like introducing vehicle emission standards. So a large number of cars which produce excessive exhaust fume are not allowed to be on roads.
Secondly, Cities should develop public transportation. This can helps reduce the number of cars and traffic jams.
Finally, Cities encourage citizens to use electric cars that don’t produce exhaust fume.